Term-Time Deputy Manager – Abbots Langley
|Job title:||Term-Time Deputy Manager – Abbots Langley|
|Contract type:||Part Time|
|Salary:||£10-11 DOE per hour|
|Contact name:||Lily Tyler|
|Published:||5 days ago|
We are searching for an experienced Deputy Manager that is looking to undertake an exciting permanent new Term-Time role in Abbots Langley.
This Abbots Langley based Day Nursery provides care for up to 30 children per day aged 2 – 4 years old. The role is for 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 38 weeks a year and the setting is operational 8:15am – 3:15pm. The Nursery is located close to the station and local amenities within Abbots Langley.
Within your role you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Nursery in absence of the Nursery Manager. You will deliver the highest standards of care and education, be compliant with all regulatory requirements and to ensure the staff feel supported in their roles. You will be responsible for maintaining children’s records, ordering equipment, maintaining inventories and keeping personnel records.
You will be overseeing the planning, delivery and monitoring of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework. This role profile is not exhaustive and the Deputy Manager is expected to fulfil any duty as required for the effective running of the setting.
Salary & Benefits include;
· Up to £11 ph DOE
· 20 Days + 8 Bank Holiday Days
· Nearby parking
· Immediate start!
Your role will include;
· Ensuring the children have a safe and stimulating environment
· Completing Health and Safety checks on a daily basis
· Ensuring the children reach their highest potential throughout their development and providing high quality care for the children within the setting
· Building and maintaining good relationships with children and parents, attending parent and staff meetings, as well as undertaking appropriate supervision meetings/processes for all members in your team
· Implementing the EYFS curriculum, completing observations, planning and any additional paperwork
· Supporting children with additional needs and IEP’s
· Providing leadership and management to the staff in your room
· Assisting in recruiting staff and also proactively supporting the induction and probation of new staff members
· Preparing training and staffing rota
· Supporting the staff with their paperwork and planning for the children’s specific needs
· Supervising staff and maintaining a proactive and professional team
· Ensuring all record keeping is accurate and up-to-date within your designated area, including learning journeys of all children in your room any other forms/records required for the child’s welfare, learning and development
A successful candidate must have the following;
· A Childcare and Education qualification NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
· Minimum of 1 years’ post-qualifying experience working with children aged 0-5 years
· Experience of leading a team and staff management
· Excellent knowledge & practice of the EYFS Framework, OFSTED Early Years Inspection Requirements
· Sound working knowledge of Two-Year Progress Check
· Able to proficiently use IT systems; including working with databases, Microsoft office, email, internet
· Excellent knowledge of Safeguarding and Welfare issues concerning children
· Passion for working with babies and children
· Enthusiastic attitude and sound knowledge towards child development for children
· Good planning and organisational skills in order to a busy and varied workload
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Passion and strive to think outside the box for future education development with the nursery schools
· Ability to lead, manage and inspire a team successfully together with good interpersonal skills
· Enthusiasm, self-motivation & ability to work on your own initiative and be a good team player
If you think that you fit this description of an enthusiastic and reliable individual who possesses the right attributes for this amazing opportunity in Abbots Langley - please call us on 020 8686 0100, we operate a 24 hour line and we are available for contact outside of work hours.
** StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
Creat Job Alert
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs