After School & Play-Scheme Manager
|Job Title:||After School & Play-Scheme Manager|
|Salary:||£10 - £12|
|Reference:||CH - 193|
|Contact Name:||colette Harvey|
|Job Published:||February 05, 2019 11:31|
A New Afterschool club term time only and Playscheme based in Olympia is looking for an experienced Afterschool Club and Playscheme Manager, The setting is open for Afterschool 14:30 – 18:00 & Holidays 08:00-18:00. Salary starting from £10-12 per hour, The setting is registered for 35 children.
The club runs from a primary school and they follow the play work principles, A selection of planned activities and organised games are provided. Children are able to choose activities, games, and crafts freely they are also encouraged to complete home work during the sessions. The club aims to provide a safe, secure and relaxed environment, supporting children to become independent and building on their social skills.
The position of Club Manager will be to ensure all children are safe and feel secure. You will be responsible for planning and implementing daily activities within a stimulating play environment. You will need to be able to lead and manage the team effectively. You will need to be able to build trusting relationships with children from the ages of 4 – 9 years old and provide positive feedback to parents and carers. You will need to be aware of maintaining high standards of care and follow policies and procedures in relations to safeguarding. Your role will also involve building on occupancy level to develop the setting and build relationships with the school.
Exciting benefits include:
- £10-12 per hour depending on experience
- 15 Days Holiday & bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for career development
- Ongoing in house training
All Candidate must have:
- A Minimum of an NVQ Level 3 in Playwork, Child Care & Education or equivalent
- At least 1 years’ experience of working within a play environment.
- Excellent Knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum and Safeguarding.
- Excellent Knowledge of Ofsted Regulations and Inspection Criteria
- Have an awareness of Health & Safety legislation & Equal Opportunities
- A passion for working with children 4-9 Years old.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- The ability to use your own initiative.
- The ability to work in partnership with parents
- Be able to work well within a team
- Be enthusiastic & energetic
- Be aware of the Playwork principles
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's