|Job Title:||Deputy Manager|
|Salary:||£20,000 - 22,000 Per Annum|
|Contact Name:||Carolyn Middleton|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2016 13:43|
We are currently recruiting for a room-based Deputy Manager for a Nursery in the Barnet area. Open 51 weeks of the year Monday to Friday between 07:30 and 18:00, the Nursery caters for up to 30 children between the ages of 3 months and 5 years.
The Nursery follows the Montessori Method and strives to provide a safe and stimulating environment for the children in its care. The nursery has two warm and inviting rooms, one for the babies aged 3 months to 2 years and one for the pre-school children aged 3-5 years
As Deputy Manager your responsibilities include working with the Manager to ensure the smooth running of the nursery as well as deputising in their absence. You will also lead the Pre-School Room which caters for up to 20 children aged 3-5 years.
You will need:
- A minimum NVQ Level 3 childcare qualification or equivalent
- Previous leadership experience
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the EYFS and Nursery Policies and Procedures
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
Your responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Manager to ensure that the Nursery provides a high quality care and education
- Being an excellent role model to all staff and supporting the team with their professional development
- Deputising in the Managers absence
- Working with the team to plan and deliver high quality learning experiences for the children
- Supporting and preparing children for the transition to school
- Planning and leading a Phonics and Literacy Programme to support the children with their communication skills.
- Building and maintaining good quality relationships with parents
- Ensuring Nursery Policies and Procedures are adhered to at all times
- £20,000 - £22,000 ( dependant on qualifications and experience)
- Flexible shift patterns
- Christmas closure
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Excellent transport links
- Time out for managerial duties
All positions are subject to Early Years Reference Checks and an Enhanced DBS Check.
StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's