Deputy Manager - Edmonton
|Job Title:||Deputy Manager - Edmonton|
|Salary:||£20,000 negotiable depending on experience|
|Contact Name:||Ann-Marie Dalton|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2017 15:18|
A friendly privately owned Nursery in the Edmonton area is looking for a Deputy Manager to join their team. The setting is operational 51 weeks of the years, Monday to Friday 07:30 to 6:30 and caters for up to 60 children aged 0 to 5 years.
The setting aims to provide a family feel to the nursery with a friendly, caring and fun atmosphere for all children and staff. The nursery has bright spacious airy rooms with a wide variety of age appropriate resources to help them develop and learn through play. All children have access to a fully equipped outdoor area which allows them to explore freely.
As a room based Deputy Manager you will be working with children aged 0 to 5 years and have some Key Worker responsibilities. You will ensure the children receive the high quality care and education they deserve and also work closely with the Manager to ensure smooth running of the Nursery. Having a good knowledge of all Nursery Policies and Procedures and you will support staff within their roles.
You will be required to work 42 hours per week on a flexible rota.
You will need:
- A minimum NVQ Level 3 childcare qualification or equivalent
- Previous Room Leader or Management experience
- An excellent understanding of the EYFS and Nursery Policies and Procedures
- The ability to lead a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Effective communication
Your responsibilities include:
- Ensure the smooth running of the nursery in absence of Manager
- Key worker responsibilities which will include updating children’s observations and records
- To assist with the planning and organisation of staffing schedules
- To support the manager and to contribute to the long term planning, monitoring and development of the setting as a whole
- Building and maintaining good quality relationships with parents
- Attending staff and parent meetings
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment throughout the nursery
- To ensure risk assessments are completed in the rooms and garden area
- £20,000 per annum negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays. Plus one additional holiday for each year of service
- 1 week holiday off at Christmas
- Full Induction and on-going training
- Excellent transport links
- Time out for management duties
- Staff uniform
If you are interested in the above position please contact us today!
All positions are subject to Early Years Reference Checks and an Enhanced DBS Check.
StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's