Deputy Manager needed in Finchley
|Job Title:||Deputy Manager needed in Finchley|
|Contact Name:||Hannah Lawrence|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2016 14:16|
A Private Day Nursery situated in Finchley is looking for a Deputy Manager to join their team. The Nursery is operational 50 weeks of the year, closing over the Easter and Christmas breaks. They are open Monday to Friday 7.45am to 6.15pm and cater for up to 96 children between the ages of 3 months to five years.
The setting, a large period house with extensive gardens has been transformed and equipped to offer the highest standard of care for children in line with the EYFS and parental aspirations. The Nursery operates across three floors with five age appropriate rooms, including two Baby Rooms, two Toddler Rooms and a Pre-School Room; plus a Library and a Sensory Room for all ages to explore.
As Deputy Manager you will assist the Manager and deputise in their absence to ensure the smooth running of the Nursery and that all Nursery Policies and Procedures are followed at all times.
Exciting benefits include:
- £26,000 per annum
- 32 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Ongoing support and training provided
- Excellent transport links
Your role will include:
- Assisting the Nursery Manager with the overall management of the setting
- Taking responsibility for the opening and closing procedures of the Nursery
- Supervising staff as directed by the Manager
- Assisting with the planning and organisation of staffing schedules to ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained
- Promoting the high standards of the Nursery at all times to parents, staff and visitors
- Supervising the curriculum planning and record keeping in accordance with the EYFS across all rooms and ensuring documentation is kept up-to-date
- Liaising with parents and carers ensuring that children’s needs are recognised and met
- Attending training and meetings as required
All candidates must have:
- A minimum NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- Previous experience leading a team
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Sound knowledge of the EYFS
- The ability to manage and support a team
- Knowledge and understanding of Nursery Policies and Procedures
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references**
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer**
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's