Deputy Manager / Room Leader
|Job Title:||Deputy Manager / Room Leader|
|Salary:||£20,000 - £21,000|
|Reference:||CH - 194|
|Contact Name:||colette Harvey|
|Job Published:||February 05, 2019 11:38|
A well-established Nursery based in Tottenham, is currently recruiting for a highly motivated Deputy Manager/Room leader to join the team. The Nursery is open Monday to Friday 07:30 – 18:00 all year round, they cater for up to 50 children a day age from 0 to 5 years.
The Nursery is situated in from a Church Hall, It has a Baby Room, Toddler Room & Pre-School Room, the Children have access to an outside garden area they are supported in their learning and development through the EYFS activities and play opportunities are arranged in accordance to children’s interests and needs. Babies are provided with stimulating sensory activities to help encourage them in building on their fine and gross motor skills. The Toddlers are encouraged to develop the start of their independence by toilet training and feeding themselves and Pre-School children are supported in developing their social skills and preparation for school.
The position will be working alongside the Nursery Manager and the proprietor, your role as the Deputy/ Toddler Room Leader will be supporting the running of the nursery, leading and overseeing a small team. You will be a key worker for a group of Toddlers building positive relationships with the children and their families, carry out observations planning and assessments to enable the children to meet their highest potential through the EYFS.
Exciting benefits include;
- £20,000 per rata.
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays
- Pension Scheme.
- Excellent transport links
- A full induction session covering all nursery policies and procedures
- Opportunities for career development
- Ongoing in house training
- Support from Management team through feedback, Supervisions and annual appraisal
Your role will include;
- Providing high quality care for the under 5’s
- Supporting the Manager and senior management team
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum
- Carrying out observations and assessments
- Ensuring children’s development journals are up to date
- Set a visible leadership example to staff
- Support and supervise team members with their day to day duties
- Motivate and inspire team to meet the needs of the children, Parents & families
- Work with other Room Leaders also implementing the EYFS curriculum to ensure a consistent approach
- Overseeing the day to day running of the Nursery setting
- Being a Key worker for a group of children within the Toddler room
- Building Positive and trusting relationships with all children within the setting
- Building positive relationships with parents and carers
- Taking part in open days and parent meetings
- Attending training courses and keeping up to date with legislation
- Supporting children within the nursery with additional needs working within their IEP
- Supporting Toddlers at meal times with feeding
- Supporting Toddlers with toilet training
- Supporting children to become independent and building their social skills
- Working alongside other professionals from outside agencies
- Attend home visits for new children before they settle
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Following policies and procedures
- Working as part of a team & independently
- Plan, prepare and implement stimulating activities that include arts, crafts and messy play.
- Support children in their play and learning through fine and gross motor skills
- Help children to develop their skills with their first sounds and words
- Ensuring a safe and secure environment
- Support team members professional development in order to further develop services
- Working with the other site of Eagle nursery for cover if and when needed.
- Good Management and observation skills
- Be able to maintain high standards of care and education
- Be aware of policies and procedures in regards to safeguarding
- To act as Health and safety officer
- To act as Deputy Behaviour Management officer
All Candidate must have:
- A Minimum of an NVQ Level 3 in Child Care & Education or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience of working within an Early Years setting.
- At least 1 year experience of working in a supervisory role
- Previous experience as SENCO
- Excellent Knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum and Safeguarding.
- Excellent Knowledge of Ofsted Regulations and inspection Criteria
- Have an awareness of Health & Safety legislation & Equal Opportunities
- A passion for working with the under-fives.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- The ability to use your own initiative.
- A good understanding of all nursery duties.
- The ability to work in partnership with parents
- Be able to work well within a team
- Be enthusiastic & energetic
- Be able to work independently with little supervision
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's