Early Years Practitioner
|Job Title:||Early Years Practitioner|
|Salary:||£16,000 - £22,000|
|Contact Name:||Bethany Bradford|
|Job Published:||October 17, 2016 09:52|
Newly refurbished nursery situated in Hampton is looking for an Early Years Professional to join their Toddler Room. The nursery is operational 51 weeks of the year and are open Monday – Friday 7:30 – 18:30. The setting caters for 93 children a day aged between 3 months – 5 years old.
The nursery is situated in a detached building which has recently been refurbished inside and out to create an exciting new setting for children. Children aged 3 months to 2 years old have their own floor which also has a separate garden to enable them to learn at their own pace. The 2-3 year olds room includes a soft play area to provide them with physical challenges and the 3-5 year olds room is open plan and connects to their large garden ensuring free flow is available throughout the day. All rooms have been designed to make sure all of the children’s developmental needs are met. The children also have access to their own planting area and use the surrounding woodland for a forest school regularly.
This position will be working with children aged 2-3 years old within the Toddler Room, and you must ensure the children meet their milestones throughout their learning. You will have 6 key children and be responsible for the children’s holistic learning and development.
Exciting benefits include:
- £16,000 – £22,000 per annum
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Additional Early Years training
- Excellent Transport links
- Dedicated support from the management team
- Room for progression
- Local parking
Your role will include:
- Ensuring all the children reach their highest potential throughout their development.
- Providing high quality care for the children within the setting ensuring a safe environment.
- Building and maintaining good relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum.
- Providing exciting activities for all the children.
- Completing observations, planning and any additional paperwork for you key children.
- Assisting and supporting other staff within the room.
- Discussing the children’s progress with their parents or guardians.
- Following the nurseries policies and procedures at all times.
- Completing risk assessments within the room, garden and on outings.
- Attending parent and staff meetings.
- Supporting children with additional needs.
- Developing the children’s early mathematical and language development.
- Ensure toddlers are introduced into new and exciting experiences.
All candidates must have:
- EYT, QTS or Master Degree is desired
- Level 3 in Childcare + Education is essential,
- At least 1 years relevant experience within an Early Years setting
- Have a passion for working with children under 5 years old.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Great communication skills and ability to build strong parent and staff partnerships.
- Strong time keeping and attendance record
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's