Experienced Nursery Manager - Term Time
|Job Title:||Experienced Nursery Manager - Term Time|
|Reference:||AT - C13|
|Contact Name:||Andrea Tyler|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2020 14:40|
Are you an Experienced Nursery Manager living near Highgate?
Do you want a new and exciting permanent position in this area?
If so we can help, we are currently recruiting on behalf of a Montessori Nursery and Forest School looking for a permanent Nursery Manager to join their team – term-time only!
This Setting is open Monday to Friday from 09:00-12:30 and on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 13:00-15:00 term-time only, for children aged 2 - 4 years and has places for up to 24 children. They have a secure, well maintained and spacious garden and outdoor learning is paramount in the school curriculum. Activities include gardening, science, art and craft, reading, games and the opportunity to study all aspects of nature.
The Nursery is easily accessible by bus and train, and is within walking distance to the local station and amenities. The position is Nursery Manager and the ideal candidate would be friendly, out-going and hands-on with a minimum of 5 year’s experience. You will also need to demonstrate how to build and develop strong relationships with the parents and staff and ensure all the Ofsted requirements are met throughout the setting.
Salary & benefits include:
- £30,000 pa
- 30 hours a week, term-time only
- 5 days
- Additional Early Years training
- Excellent Transport links
Your role will include:
- Ensuring all the children reach their highest potential throughout their development
- Providing high quality care for the children within the setting
- Building and maintaining good relationships with children and parents, attending parent and staff meetings
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum, Completing observations, planning and any additional paperwork for your key children
- Supporting children with additional needs and IEP’s
- Ensuring the nurseries policies and procedures are followed throughout the setting and developing/implementing them if needed
- Contributing to the strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation and development of the nursery
- Ordering and maintaining equipment and resources
- Organising and monitoring students at the setting
- Identifying staff training needs and facilitate training opportunities
- Working closely with outside agencies
- Ensuring the nursery conforms to and exceeds the requirements of Ofsted
- Contributing and participating in the development of new ideas
- Keeping up to date on all childcare issues
- Ensuring that the ratios are maintained at all times
- Maintaining accurate and up to date personnel records for all employees within the nursery
- Providing constructive, honest feedback to support and encourage all the staff
- Managing staff annual leave requests to ensure staffing requirements are met
- Ensuring all staff carry out regular risk assessment checks both inside and outside the setting
All candidates must have:
- A minimum of an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- Previous experience as a Manager
- The ability to work well in a team
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS, Ofsted & Safeguarding
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Outstanding time keeping and attendance record
- A positive & friendly nature
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer**
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's