Experienced Room Leader
|Job Title:||Experienced Room Leader|
|Reference:||AT - C18|
|Contact Name:||Andrea Tyler|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2021 14:24|
Are you an Experienced Room Leader living near Northwood?
Do you want a new and exciting permanent position in this area?
If so we can help, we are currently recruiting on behalf of an Outstanding School looking for a permanent Room Leader to join their team to help provide effective day-to-day management of the Nursery. This Setting is open Monday to Friday from 08:00-18:00, 50 weeks of the year for children aged 2-4 years and has places for up to 80 children a day. The Setting is easily accessible by bus and train and is close to the local station and amenities.
The outdoor area is an extension of the classroom and whenever possible the children are encouraged to use the outside area freely and can choose to be outside or inside. In the outside area the children can practise and develop ball skills, use the barked area with climbing frame and slide, ride the trikes and cars, act out role play scenarios, join in with games and socialise with their peers. Children are encouraged to plant and grow herbs and vegetables in troughs and pots. The children’s meals are prepared by our on-site Chef, who uses fresh, low salt, low sugar ingredients with restricted colourants. All food is home-made.
Extra curricular activities include Music & Movement weekly dance lessons, Ballet, ICT, French which is taught by a specialist teacher and tennis lessons to help the children with physical & cognitive skills.
Salary & benefits include:
- £18,500-£23,500 (DOE)
- 40 hours per week
- 5 days per week
- 20 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Additional Early Years training
- Excellent Transport links
Your role will include:
- Assist the Manager and Deputy in providing effective day-to-day management of the Nursery
- To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Manager
- Ensuring all the children reach their highest potential throughout their development
- Providing high quality care for the children within the setting
- Building and maintaining good relationships with children and parents, attending parent and staff meetings
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum, Completing observations, planning and any additional paperwork for key children
- Supporting children with additional needs and IEP’s
- Arranging and providing training for areas where support is required.
All candidates must have:
- A minimum of an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- Previous experience as Room Leader is essential
- The ability to work well in a team and promote a team spirit
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS, the Montessori Method, Ofsted & Safeguarding
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Outstanding time keeping and attendance record
- A positive & friendly nature
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer**
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's