Full time & Part time Nursery Nurse *South Norwood*
|Job Title:||Full time & Part time Nursery Nurse *South Norwood*|
|Salary:||18,000 - 19,000|
|Contact Name:||Colette Harvey|
|Job Published:||September 13, 2018 11:56|
This Nursery situated in South Norwood is looking for two Nursery Nurses working 40 hours per week Full Time or four Part Time staff working flexible hours to join their team. The Nursery is operational 51 weeks a year excluding bank holidays and is open Monday-Friday 08:00 – 18:00, catering for 51 children aged 3 months – 4 years.
The nursery operates from a converted house and offers 4 rooms which are split into age groups where children are supported to meet their full potential 3 months – 24 months are encouraged to develop their early stages of fine and gross motor skills with sensory activities, 2 -3 years focus on the children’s interests and gain control of their emotions and body in a more stable way, 3-4 years this age group focus on more structured and purposeful activities, 4-5 years children are encouraged to become more independent in the preparation for school. There is a large garden area which is open at all times for children they are able to explore activities and the environment. There is also a sensory room which children are able to use regularly.
The positions will be working with children aged 2-4 years, they are looking for committed and experienced team player. You will need to have excellent knowledge of the EYFS, You will support children in their preparation for school planning stimulating activities for your key children through the EYFS.
Exciting benefits include:
- £18,000 - £19,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday and 1 day off for birthday
- Additional Early Years Training continue professional development
- Excellent Transport links
- Dedicated support from the management team
- Staff Uniform
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working hours working 4 or 5 days a week
Your role will include:
- Ensuring all the children reach their highest potential throughout their development
- Ensuring that children are cared for in a happy and safe environment
- Providing high quality care for the children within the setting
- Planning stimulating activities for key children
- Building and maintaining good relationships with all children and parents
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum
- Completing observations, planning and any additional paperwork for your key children
- Writing progress reports
- Discussing the children’s progress with their parents or guardians
- Following the nurseries policies and procedures throughout the setting
- Completing risk assessments within the room and the garden
- Supporting children with additional needs and IEP’s
- Encourage children to build upon their independence
- Support key children with preparation for school
- Encourage children with their social skills during group activities.
All candidates must have:
- An NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- At least 1 years relevant experience within an Early Years setting
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work within a small and large team
- Experience of working in accordance with Ofsted and EYFS standards.
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's