Level 3 Nursery Practitioner
|Job Title:||Level 3 Nursery Practitioner|
|Reference:||LC - 574|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Curtis|
|Job Published:||February 24, 2020 14:54|
A well-established Nursery situated in Croydon, is currently looking for an experienced and skilled Nursery Nurse to join the team. The Nursery is open Monday to Friday 07:30 – 18:30 all year round, they cater for up to 40 children a day aged from 0 to 5 years.
The Nursery is situated a short walk from West Croydon station and is set in a Victorian House, the nursery has a home from home feel which consists of a cosy Baby Room for ages 3 months to 18 months it has a welcoming range of sensory activities that are planned to stimulate the babies and help them progress in their own time. They have a spacious Toddler Room 18 months to 24 months where children are able to explore and discover the environment. Lower Pre-School for 2-3 years this age group of children are encouraged to take part in more structured activities within a flexible routine. Lastly the Upper Pre-School for children from 3-5 years they are encouraged to build on their social skills and independence giving them opportunities to reach their full potential and prepare for school. The children have free flow access to a large nursery garden which has soft surface, artificial grass, flower beds for planting, a mud kitchen, sand pit climbing frame and slide.
The position of the Nursery Nurse, would be working 4 days a week within the Pre-school room ensuring children are safe and stimulated. You will be a keyworker for a group of children observing assessing and monitoring their learning and development through the EYFS and planning activities in line with their next steps. You will be responsible for setting up the daily activities and the play environment. Working effectively with team members, Building relationships with parents/ carers other professionals.
Your role will include;
- Providing high quality care for the under 5’s
- Building positive and trusting relationships with all children within the setting
- Building positive relationships with parents and carers
- Work alongside the Room Leader
- Being a Key worker for a group of children within the Toddler room
- Ensuring children’s development journals are up to date
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum
- Plan, prepare and implement stimulating activities including arts, crafts and messy play.
- Support children in their play and learning through fine and gross motor skills
- Carrying out observations and assessments
- Attending training courses and keeping up to date with legislation
- Supporting children within the nursery with additional needs working within their IEP
- Supporting children to become independent and building their social skills
- Working alongside other professionals from outside agencies
- Following policies and procedures
- Working as part of a team & independently
- Ensuring a safe and secure environment
- Be able to maintain high standards of care and education
- Be aware of policies and procedures in regards to safeguarding
All Candidate must have:
- A Minimum of an NVQ Level 3 in Child Care & Education or equivalent
- At least 1 years’ experience of working within an Early Years setting
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum and Safeguarding
- Excellent knowledge of Ofsted Regulations and inspection criteria
- Have an awareness of Health & Safety legislation & Equal Opportunities
- A passion for working with the under-fives.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- The ability to use your own initiative.
- A good understanding of all nursery duties.
- The ability to work in partnership with parents
- The ability to work well within a team
- Enthusiasm & energy
Exciting benefits include:
- £18,000 pro annum
- Working 40 hours over 4 days a week
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Excellent transport links
- A full induction session covering all nursery policies and procedures
- Opportunities for career development
- Ongoing in house training
- Staff Uniform
- Working in a fun and enjoyable environment
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's