Montessori Teacher In Wimbledon
|Job Title:||Montessori Teacher In Wimbledon|
|Salary:||£16,000 - £17,000|
|Contact Name:||Paris Kerwick|
|Job Published:||August 20, 2018 10:12|
Montessori Teacher in Wimbledon
Montessori Nursery situated in Wimbledon is looking for an experienced Montessori Teacher to join their team. The nursery is operational 34 weeks a year. They are open Monday to Friday 8:30 to 3:00 and cater up to 40 children aged between 2-5 years.
The nursery is situated within a converted hall with an additional room that is used as a classroom. The main play room is open plan and is split into development learning areas, Children are able to move freely from one area to another to explore. The setting is a safe and secure environment where children are encouraged and supported to have fun whilst learning to their highest potential through the Montessori Method and EYFS.
The position will be working with all the children within the setting, working with a small team of 6 staff supporting and implementing of the curriculum. You will be responsible for a group of key children monitoring their progress in accordance to the EYFS and Montessori Method and ensuring that they meet their developmental milestones.
Exciting benefits include:
- £16,000 – 17,000 Pro Rata
- 2 weeks paid training
- Continuous professional development training within Early Years.
- Dedicated support from the management team
- Salary review after 6 months
Your role will include:
- Ensuring all the children reach their highest potential throughout their development
- Providing high quality care for the children within the setting
- Ensuring the children have a safe and stimulating environment
- Building and maintaining good relationships with children and their parents
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum and Montessori Method
- Providing exciting activities for all the children
- Completing observation and assessments daily
- Contributing towards the EYFS planning
- Assisting and supporting other staff within the room
- Building positive relationships with parents and being approachable
- Following the nurseries policies and procedures
- Completing risk assessments within the room and the garden
- Attending staff meetings
- Supporting children with additional needs, IEP’s and HCP
- Encouraging children with toilet training
- Supporting children with preparation for school
- Encouraging children to explore and become independent
- Supporting children with the beginning of Literacy and Mathematics through the EYFS and developing their writing skills.
All candidates must have:
- A Diploma in Montessori Pedagogy or NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- At least 1 years relevant experience within an Early Years Setting
- The ability to work within a small team
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS and Montessori method
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's