|Job Title:||Nursery Cook|
|Reference:||Nursery Cook - West Norwood|
|Contact Name:||Mario D'Apice|
|Job Published:||September 24, 2020 08:44|
Nursery Cook – West Norwood
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Nursery Cook to work in the West Norwood area. You would be required to work Monday to Friday, 8.00am-5.00pm each day.
The menu focus is on fresh, nutritional, wholesome food that appeals to children 0 - 5 years. The successful candidate will work closely alongside the Nursery Manager to provide a well-balanced menu that is healthy and takes into consideration all allergies and dietary requirements.
Your role would involve the preparation, cooking and serving of all meals and snacks in accordance with the food and drink guidelines for the Early Years Foundation Stage. Excellent standards of hygiene and the ability to maintain a safe and professional kitchen are also required. You would also be required to wash up all the dishes and utensils after and ensure the kitchen is cleaned and tidied before leaving every day.
The nursery are looking to pay £23,000-£24,000 per annum, depending on experience for the suitable candidate and require someone to start as soon as possible, on a permanent basis.
All candidates applying must have:
- An minimum NVQ Level 2 in Catering (or equivalent)
- A valid Food Hygiene/Safety Certificate
- Knowledge of COSHH and HACCP policies
- Knowledge of the 14 allergens
- At least one years’ experience of cooking in a nursery setting
- An excellent understanding of preparing meals for the Early Years
- A punctual and hard-working attitude
Your duties include:
- Preparing and serving age appropriate meals and snacks
- The cleanliness and maintenance of all kitchen equipment
- Completing daily documentation to follow all Health and Safety procedures
- Stock control and ordering
- Menu planning
- Delivering meals at allocated times throughout the day
- Ensure the kitchen is cleaned and tidied before leaving each day
- Ensure that children’s dietary needs are met
Exciting benefits of the position include:
- Support from Managerial team
- Immediate start
- Pay review after 6 months
- Free onsite parking
- Excellent transport links
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references ****StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **