|Job Title:||Nursery Manager|
|Reference:||AO - 204|
|Contact Name:||Armandine Onyendje|
|Job Published:||February 05, 2019 16:17|
Nursery Manager needed in Chiswick
Are you looking for a new challenge as a Nursery Manager? Nursery in Chiswick is seeking an experienced and highly passionate nursery manager to lead their team with an amazing salary of up to £40,000 per annum depending on experience and will be in charge of 21 staff.
The nursery is open Monday to Friday, from 07:30 -18:00 for 51 weeks of the year for children aged 3 months to 5 years and they cater for up to 69 children a day.
The nursery is located within a purpose built ground floor setting and they ensure all the children have a caring and secure environment at all times. The nursery has multiple large spacious, light & airy rooms and is equipped with age-appropriate toys and also has an outdoor play space. The children are encouraged to reach their developmental stages and are provided with a wide range of opportunities using a variety of age appropriate activities.
As a Nursery Manager you will be require you to be responsible for the leadership of the nursery and ensuring that children, parents and the staff team work together effectively to provide high quality care and education.
Exciting benefits include:
- Up to £40,000 per annum depending on experience
- 31 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Uniform provided
- Using tablet to do planning
- Excellent Transport links nearby
- Monthly bonus scheme in place
- Employee of the month
- Pension scheme
Your role will include:
- Staff management and development
- Providing high quality care for the children & staff within the setting
- Develops and manages the operational framework and standards to ensure the smooth running of the nursery at all times. Ensures the required standards, ratios and conditions of registration are maintained at all times.
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum
- Builds strong parent/carer relationships through day to day liaison with parents, resolving any issues or complaints as they arise.
- Discussing the children’s progress with their parents or guardians
- Ensuring the children have a safe and stimulating environment
- Monitors all nursery staff to ensure the effectiveness of service delivery in line with the nursery’s policies, procedures and core values.
- Supporting children with additional needs and IEP’s
- Ensuring routines within the room are followed
- Ensure the highest standard of safety and security within the nursery
- To develop and implement initiatives that support children ensuring their individual needs are met within the group setting.
- Ensures that individual records of all children’s educational developmental progress are kept, based on day to day observations.
- Identifies staff training and developmental needs, planning with the managing director to ensure these needs are met.
- Ensures that the nursery’s procedures on child protection are adhered to liaising with the Director and local social services as required.
- Responsibility for all health and safety issues within the nursery, ensuring compliance with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- Responsibility for the day to day management of the premises and services
- Carry out all responsibilities and duties of the post with due regard to the companies Equal Opportunities policy
All candidates must have:
- An NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- The ability to work well within a team
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS & Safeguarding
- Great communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong people management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- Thorough with strong attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Proactive and innovative approach to challenges and ideas, plus strong problem solving capabilities
- Flexible and receptive to change
- Good level of applied literacy and numeracy
- A minimum of two years working in a management capacity in a group day care setting for children aged 0-5 years
- Knowledge of OFSTED standards and experience of inspections
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of health & safety legislation
- Hungry to learn – commitment to the job, business and to quality early years care and education
- Ability to balance and reconcile different interests and respond sensitively to varying needs
- Self-confident with strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to acquire new skills and undertake further training when necessary
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **