|Job Title:||Nursery Nurse|
|Salary:||£22,000 - £26,000|
|Reference:||CH - 184|
|Contact Name:||Colette Harvey|
|Job Published:||October 25, 2018 09:40|
A well-established Nursery situated in Golders Green, is currently looking for an experienced and skilled Nursery Nurse to join their team. The Nursery is open Monday to Friday 08:00 – 18:00, 48 weeks of the year, they cater for up to 140 children a day aged from 0 to 5 years.
The Nursery is located a short walk from Golders Green station and is within a purpose built setting, they have 4 rooms where children are split into age groups, Baby Room for ages 3 months to 18 months this is a nurturing environment where the children are introduced to many new experiences it has a welcoming range of stimulating activities that encourage their natural curiosity. They have a spacious Toddler Room 18 months to 2 years where children are able to explore and discover the environment in a more independent way. The next room is for children 2-3 years, children are encouraged to take part in more structured activities within a flexible routine. Lastly the Upper Pre-School for children from 3-5 years, they are encouraged to build on their social skills and independence, giving them opportunities to reach their full potential and prepare for school. The children have access to a large nursery garden split into two, one for the babies and the other for the older children
The position of the Nursery Nurse, will be an experienced keyworker for a group of children observing assessing and monitoring their learning and development through the EYFS and planning activities in line with their next steps. You will be responsible for setting up the daily activities and a stimulating play environments. Working effectively with team members, Building relationships with parents/ carers other professionals.
Your role will include;
- Providing high quality care for the under 5’s
- Building positive and trusting relationships with all children within the setting
- Building positive relationships with parents and carers
- Work alongside the Room Leader
- Being a Key worker for a group of children
- Ensuring children’s development journals are up to date
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum
- Plan, prepare and implement stimulating activities including arts, crafts and messy play.
- Support children in their play and learning through fine and gross motor skills
- Carrying out observations and assessments
- Attending training courses and keeping up to date with legislation
- Supporting children within the nursery with additional needs working within their IEP
- Supporting children to become independent and building their social skills
- Working alongside other professionals from outside agencies
- Following policies and procedures
- Working as part of a team & independently
- Ensuring a safe and secure environment
- Being able to maintain high standards of care and education
- Being aware of policies and procedures in regards to safeguarding
All Candidate must have:
- A Minimum of an NVQ Level 3 in Child Care & Education or equivalent
- At least 1 years’ experience of working within an Early Years setting
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum and Safeguarding
- Excellent knowledge of Ofsted Regulations and inspection criteria
- Have an awareness of Health & Safety legislation & Equal Opportunities
- A passion for working with the under-fives.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- The ability to use your own initiative.
- A good understanding of all nursery duties.
- The ability to work in partnership with parents
- The ability to work well within a team
- Enthusiasm & energy
Exciting benefits include:
- £22,000 - £26,000 pro annum
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Excellent transport links
- A full induction session covering all nursery policies and procedures
- Opportunities for career development
- Ongoing in house training
- Staff Uniform
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's