|Job Title:||Nursery Nurse|
|Location:||Queens Park, North London|
|Start Date:||September 2020|
|Reference:||NN - Queens Park|
|Contact Name:||Mario D'Apice|
|Job Published:||August 14, 2020 13:42|
Are you an experienced Nursery Practitioner? Looking for a new full-time position? If so, please read on.
Position: Nursery Practitioner - Level 3
Salary: £21,000-£23,000 per annum
Hours: Permanent, Full time
Location: Queens Park, North London
I am currently recruiting two Level 3 qualified Nursery Practitioners for a well-established nursery in Queens Park. They are looking to appoint two enthusiastic and self-motivated Level 3 Nursery Practitioners on a full time and permanent basis, starting in September 2020 to work with their friendly team of child carers.
They are looking to start with a salary of £21.000-£23.000 P/A but this can be negotiable and depends on candidates experience and qualifications. The nursery are 5 days a week (8am- 6pm), throughout 50 weeks of the year.
Ideally, the nursery would like to appoint Level 3 qualified Nursery Practitioners, however, they would be interested in appointing a Level 2 Nursery Practitioner, providing they have at least 2 years’ experience within a nursery and would be looking to obtain a Level 3 qualification in childcare.
The nursery are looking to hold interviews and trials as soon as possible.
- Completion of a recognized Childcare qualification Level 2, 3 or above, e.g. Level 2 or 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce, NVQ Level 2, 3 or above in Children’s Care, Learning and Development - or be working towards completion
Purpose of role -
- To ensure a high standard of care and education for the children
- To give support to other personnel within the team
- To implement the Early Years Foundation Stage requirements and ensure all the children’s individual needs are met and all areas of development are encouraged through play.
Key Requirements -
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the EYFS is required
- Knowledge of Ofsted guidelines and Welfare requirements is essential
- A detailed understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection is required
- Relevant experience of caring after age range 0 to 5 years will be an advantage
- Knowledge of the key person systems and record keeping will be an advantage
- Ability to build positive relationships with children and families
- Ability to communicate and work in partnership with families and carers
- Strong teamwork and collaboration qualities
- Good written and verbal skills for report writing, maintaining children records and providing feedback to parents/carers and colleagues
- Plan and prepare a program of activities suitable to the age range of children in the allocated team
- Work with parents/carers of all children to achieve full integration in the setting
- Foresee the needs of all children and give physical, emotional, intellectual guidance as appropriate
- Responsible for a number of key children, to include performing regular observations and writing reports on their learning and development progress
- Work collaboratively with a team of Nursery Practitioners
- Maintain good communication skills within the team and ensure practice is reviewed on a regular basis
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children, observing and following setting policies and procedures to keep children safe from harm
Job Benefits –
- Performance based annual salary review.
- Attractive annual leave entitlement plus additional holiday allowance for long service.
- Automatic enrolment into a pension scheme
- Competitive salary
- Learning and Development opportunities.
All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS Check *all positions are subject to a clean DBS; 2 references and salaries are based on your experience and qualifications.
Please send your CV as soon as possible to discuss the opportunities available and to arrange an interview for as soon as you are available.