Nursery Nurse and Nursery Assistant Level 2
|Job Title:||Nursery Nurse and Nursery Assistant Level 2|
|Contact Name:||Heather Scase|
|Job Published:||October 11, 2016 11:23|
Are you a Nursery Nurse or Nursery Assistant looking for your next step? If so then we have the job for you!
Private Day Nursery in West Dulwich needs an enthusiastic Nursery Nurse and Nursery Assistant Level 2 to join their friendly staff team.
The Nursery is a purpose built building on one level that comprises of two spacious fully equipped rooms. One for Babies and the other consisting of both Toddlers and Pre-School children. Each of the rooms are set out into the different areas of learning, so that each child can reach their full potential in achieving their next steps in their development. The main room has a spacious outdoor decking comprising of a large sand pit and mud kitchen and both rooms have access to the wrap around garden for the children to engage in exciting outdoor activities.
The setting operates 51 weeks of the year and is open Monday to Friday 07:30-18:30 and caters up to 33 children.
They are currently looking for an experienced Nursery Nurse and Nursery Assistant Level 2 to work in their main room with children aged 2-5 years, supporting their well-established team in ensuring that all children’s needs and potential are met at all times.
Your role will include:
- Engaging with children in the different daily activities both inside and out
- Supporting outside play in the garden and during field walks
- Supporting staff on daily outings with the children
- Carrying out fun and engaging age appropriate group times
- Supporting children during meal and snack times making sure children practice good hygiene
- Observing children and recording informative observations for children’s profiles
- Helping and supporting children with self-independence
- Changing children’s nappies and addressing their personal care routines
- Supporting staff and main room leader in the daily running of the room
- Liaising with parents and carers on a daily basis with feedback about their child’s play
- Being self-motivated, enthusiastic and empathetic towards both children and staff
All candidates must have:
- An NVQ Level 2 or Level3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- The desire to develop their career
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum and safeguarding
- Good communication and language skills
Exciting benefits include:
- £14 - £17,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Good transport links and parking nearby
- Additional Early Years training and further career development
**This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS and Childcare References**
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer**