Nursery Nurse Needed!
|Job Title:||Nursery Nurse Needed!|
|Salary:||£16,000 - £18,000|
|Contact Name:||Marianne Smith|
|Job Published:||October 17, 2016 10:06|
Nursery situated in Teddington is looking for a Nursey Nurse to join their Pre-School Room. The nursery is operational 51 weeks of the year and is closed for bank holidays and Christmas break. They are open Monday – Friday 7:30-18:00 and cater for up to 58 children aged between 3 months – 5 years old and also provide after school care for children up to 8 years old.
The nursery is situated within a converted house and has good transport links to Teddington town centre. The setting has three rooms all ensuring the children’s individual needs are met and all are age appropriate, helping them to reach their highest potential throughout their learning and development. There is also an enclosed outdoor area which is partly covered allowing the children to explore the outside environment. They have an additional room for younger children enabling them to carry out age related activities.
This position will be working with children aged 3-5 years old within the Pre-School Room, ensuring that the room is run to a high standard and assisting the other staff within the room. You will be responsible for 5 key children and help them to develop their communication, physical and personal development in line with the EYFS curriculum.
Exciting benefits include:
- £16-18,000k per annum
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Additional Early Years training
- Excellent Transport links
- On Site Parking
- Dedicated support from the management team
- Room for progression
Your role will include:
- Ensuring all the children reach their highest potential throughout their development
- Providing high quality care for the children within the setting
- Building and maintaining good relationships with children, parents and staff
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum
- Completing observations, planning and any additional paperwork for your key children
- Assisting and supporting other staff within the room and Nursery
- Discussing the children’s progress with their parents or guardians
- Following the nurseries policies and procedures throughout the setting
- Completing risk assessments within the room, garden and on outings
- Ensuring the children have a safe and stimulating environment at all times
- Attending parent and staff meetings
- Supporting children with additional needs and IEP’s
- Preparing children for school, teaching jolly phonics, sand writing and other age appropriate activities.
All candidates must have:
- An NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- At least 1 years relevant experience within an Early Years setting
- The ability to work individually or within a team
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Great communication skills
- Strong time keeping and attendance record
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's