Nursery Nurse needed in Hounslow
|Job Title:||Nursery Nurse needed in Hounslow|
|Job Published:||October 12, 2017 16:11|
Nursery Nurse needed in Hounslow
This nursery situated in Hounslow is looking for a Nursery Nurse to join their Pre-School team. The nursery is operational 51 weeks of the year closing for the bank holidays and Christmas break. They are open Monday – Friday 08:00-18:00 and cater for up to 60 children aged between 3 months – 5 years old.
The nursery has been open since 2010 and has been converted into a nursery. The nursery is split into three rooms one area for each age group; 3 months to 2 years, 2 to 3 years and 3 to 5 years old, with Babies upstairs and Pre-School and Toddler rooms on the ground floor. All the rooms have age appropriate resources allowing the staff to create a high level of exciting and educational activities to develop the children’s learning. The Pre-School and Toddler rooms have their own direct access to the garden encouraging free flow for the older children equipped with appropriate resources for all ages. The nursery has a permanent on site chef who prepares fresh home cooked meals daily according to individual dietary needs of the children.
The position will be working with children aged 3-5 in the Pre-School room. Your responsibilities will include the day to day routine of the room and you will be responsible for 6 Key Children ensuring all their milestones are met. The Pre-School room is a large space which is split into the different areas of learning where the children have access to a high standard of resources where the children can freely access them to suit their own interests.
Your role will include:
- Ensuring all the children reach their highest potential throughout their development
- Providing high quality care for the children within the setting
- Building and maintaining good relationships with all children, parents and staff
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum
- Providing exciting activities for all the children
- Ensuring all observations, planning and Key Children files are up to date
- Assisting and supporting other staff within the room
- Following the nurseries policies and procedures throughout the setting
- Completing risk assessments within the room and the garden
- Ensuring the children have a safe and stimulating environment
- Supporting children with additional needs
- Attending parents evenings and staff meetings
- Discussing the children’s progress with their parents or guardians
- Preparing the Pre-School children for school
- Developing the children’s knowledge of phonics, letters and numbers
- Developing the children’s independence through awareness of hygiene and encouraging them to dress themselves
- Developing their fine and gross motor skills, throwing and catching balls, running and developing their writing skills
- Developing the children’s knowledge of different cultures and religions from around the world
Exciting benefits include:
- £16,000 - £18,000 per annum
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Additional Early Years training
- Excellent Transport links
- Dedicated support from the management team
All candidates must have:
- An NVQ Level 2 or Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- At least 1 years relevant experience within an Early Years setting
- Knowledge and understanding of the EYFS and safeguarding.
- Great communication skills
- The ability to work within a large team
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **