Nursery Nurse needed in Peckham
|Job Title:||Nursery Nurse needed in Peckham|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2017 16:19|
Are you a Nursery Nurse with a passion for working with Children?
‘Outstanding’ Nursery in Peckham are currently recruiting for an experienced Nursery Nurse to join their team. The Nursery is operational 51 weeks per year, Monday to Friday, from 07:00 to 18.30 and can accommodate up to 42 children aged 0-5 years.
This Setting is situated in a large Victorian house and has three rooms set out to cater to children’s specific age ranges spread over two floors. All children have excellent opportunities to express themselves creatively as each room has resources for imaginative play, music, dance and equipment to explore media and materials. They provide activities daily to meet the children’s individual needs, providing an enabling environment for them to learn through their play. The children have daily free flow access to a private garden where they are able to explore and use a rich variety of equipment to enhance their learning & experiences developing their skills in all areas.
The Setting are currently looking for an experienced Nursery Nurse with a passion for working with children to work within their team, supporting the children’s learning, growth and development and providing stimulating and exciting opportunities.
Exciting benefits include:
- £16,000 per annum
- Great transport links nearby
- Additional Early Years training provided
- Career progression.
- 20 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Local Parking available
Your role will include:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with children, parents and staff
- Being a designated key person for a group of children and observing, Planning and assessing to support and encourage their learning and development
- Completing developmental reports
- Providing high quality care for all children
- Working within a team
- Following nappy changing policies and procedures and completing nappy charts
- Following the room routine
- Following the nurseries policies and procedures at all times
- Carrying out daily risk assessments
- Supporting and encouraging children’s development and planning exciting and age appropriate activities in line with the EYFS Curriculum
- Providing daily feedback for parents and carers and attending and taking part in parents evenings
- Handling and serving food, managing dietary requirements in line with allergy policies and encouraging and supporting children at meals times
All candidates must have:
- An NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- At least 1 year experience working within an Early Years setting
- Good knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum
- The ability to use your own initiative
- A passion for working with children
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- A drive to progress and develop your career
- A passion for providing children the opportunity to learn and develop as they grow
- Ability to work well as part of a team
**This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS and Childcare References**
**StaffBank is an equal opportunities employer**