Nursery Nurse needed in Walthamstow
|Job Title:||Nursery Nurse needed in Walthamstow|
|Contact Name:||Hannah Lawrence|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2016 14:55|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in a Private Day Nursery in the Walthamstow area who are looking for a Nursery Nurse to join their Toddler Room. The Nursery is operational 49 weeks of the year, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm and caters for up to 45 children aged 0 to 5 years.
The Nursery promises to ensure that every child has the same opportunities to develop and learn, giving them the best start in life. The setting consists of three spacious rooms, including a Baby Room, Toddler Room and a Pre-School Room all with access to an outdoor play area.
Your role includes looking after children aged one to two years in the Toddler Room which cares for up to 18 children. You will also have Key Worker responsibilities for up to 5 children ensuring the EYFS curriculum is adhered to at all times. You will be required to work on a 40 hours per week rota, with rotational early and late shifts.
Exciting benefits include:
- £16,000 + per annum dependent on experience
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Excellent Transport links
- Onsite and offsite training provided
- Free uniform
Your role will include:
- Working as a Key-Worker and providing stimulating activities using the EYFS Curriculum
- Planning and supervising activities like Arts and Crafts, Music and Circle Time whilst encouraging children to interact and build on their speaking, listening and social skills
- Observing children and making notes for use in reports and sharing information about their development with their parents/carers
- Liaising with parents and carers
- Assisting with potty training and nappy changing
- Attending parent and staff meetings as and when required
- Ensuring hygiene standards are enforced at all times
All candidates must have:
- A NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- At least 1 years experience within an Early Years setting
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Sound knowledge of the EYFS
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references**
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer**
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's