Nursery Nurses and Nursery Assistants needed in Surbiton
|Job Title:||Nursery Nurses and Nursery Assistants needed in Surbiton|
|Salary:||£14,000 - £18,000 per annum|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2017 16:22|
Day Nursery situated in Surbiton is looking for Nursery Nurses & Nursery Assistants to join their Toddler Room. The nursery is operational 52 weeks of the year and open Monday - Friday 08:00 - 18:30 and caters for up to 52 children aged between 3 months - 5 years.
The nursery has four large age based rooms and benefits from having two outdoor enclosed areas for both the babies and the over two’s. In the Baby Room there are lots of sensory activities to help the children understand the world around them.
The Toddlers Rooms are introduced early for each child so they are familiar with the staff and other children meaning when they become fully mobile they will be confident entering their new exciting environment. It is here the children can really start to progress with their physical development with the room offering lots of soft play activities to enable each child to walk, run and climb whilst exploring and gaining independence.
In the Pre-School Room all children are encouraged to be independent in learning and exploring the world around them. As well as developing and gaining an interest in activities such as maths, literacy and expressive arts and design the children are also able to start swimming lessons.
The position will be working with children aged 2 - 3 years within the Toddler Room ensuring that each child reaches their full potential whilst maintaining a secure and safe environment. You will be responsible for up to 6 key children and maintaining accurate records.
Exciting benefits include:
- £14,000 - £18,000 per annum
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Uniform provided
- Excellent Transport links
- On Site Parking
- Dedicated support from the management team
- Room for progression
Your role will include:
- Ensuring all the children reach their highest potential throughout their development
- Providing high quality care for the children within the setting
- Building and maintaining good relationships with children and parents
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum
- Providing exciting activities for all the children
- Completing observations, planning and any additional paperwork for your key children
- Assisting and supporting other staff within the room
- Discussing the children’s progress with their parents or guardians
- Following the nurseries policies and procedures throughout the setting
- Completing risk assessments within the room and the garden
- Ensuring the children have a safe and stimulating environment
- Attending parent and staff meetings
- Supporting children with additional needs and IEP’s
All candidates must have:
- An NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- At least 1 years relevant experience within an Early Years setting
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Great communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to work within a team
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's