|Job Title:||Nursery Practitioner|
|Reference:||LC - 582|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Curtis|
|Job Published:||February 25, 2020 09:58|
This Nursery situated in Wimbledon is looking for a Nursery Nurse working 40 hours per week. The setting is operational all year round and is open Monday-Friday 07:30 - 18:30, catering for 52 children aged 6 months - 5 years.
The nursery is split into 7 rooms according to their ages and stages of the children’s development and also separate rooms including a craft room. Children are supported in their learning through planned activities in accordance to the EYFS Curriculum framework. There is a large outdoor play area which children are able to explore environment.
The role is working within the baby room with babies from 6 months to 18 months, your role will be supporting and encouraging babies in their prime stages of their development, you will be supporting with bottle feeding and weening. The nursery is looking for a committed and experienced team member, you will need to have excellent knowledge of the EYFS, be able to build strong relationships with children and families.
Exciting benefits include:
- £18,500 per annum
- 28 days holiday
- Continuous professional development
- Pension scheme
Your role will include:
- Ensuring all the children reach their highest potential throughout their development
- Ensuring that children are cared for in a happy and safe environment
- Providing high quality care for the under 5’s
- Planning stimulating activities for key children within line of the EYFS
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with all children
- Building positive partnerships with Parents
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum
- Completing observations, planning and any additional paperwork for your key children keeping learning journals up to date
- Following the nurseries policies and procedures throughout the setting
- Completing risk assessments within the room and the garden
- Supporting children with additional needs and IEP’s
- Encourage children to build upon their independence
All candidates must have:
- An NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- At least 1 years relevant experience within an Early Years setting
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of safeguarding procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work within a small and large team
- Experience of working in accordance with Ofsted and EYFS standards.
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
**This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references**
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's