Nursery Practitioner 3 Days a Week!
|Job Title:||Nursery Practitioner 3 Days a Week!|
|Salary:||£19,000 - £20,000|
|Reference:||LC - 591|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Curtis|
|Job Published:||February 25, 2020 11:00|
This nursery situated in Queens Park is looking for an experienced and motivated Nursery Nurse to join their team. The nursery is operational 50 weeks of the year, closed for all bank holidays and Christmas break. They are open Monday – Friday 08:00 – 18:00 and cater for up to 25 children aged between 1 -4 years old.
The nursery is situated within a converted house with home away from home feel, the nursery is split into 2 groups, 1-2 year olds and 3- 4 year olds the rooms are filled with stimulating and age appropriate resources and plan educational activities in line with the EYFS there are 2 garden’s one which has a climbing frame and free flow the other with space for children to explore and play with set planned activities. The setting is a happy safe and secure environment where children are supported to have fun whilst also learning to their highest potential throughout their development.
The position will be working across all ages alongside dedicated and experienced staff. You will be responsible for a group of key children monitoring their progress according to the EYFS and completing their learning journals and supporting with the planning and implementing it on a daily basis and ensuring that children are meeting their development goals throughout their learning.
Exciting benefits include:
- £19,000 - £22,000
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- CPD training within Early Years.
- Time out to complete children’s records
- Dedicated support from the management team
- Room for carer progression within the organisation
- Pension scheme
Your role will include:
- Ensuring all the children reach their highest potential throughout their development
- Providing high quality care for the children within the setting
- Building and maintaining good relationships with children and parents
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum
- Providing exciting activities for all the children
- Support children in their preparation for school
- Completing observations, and assessment
- Contribution towards the EYFS planning
- Completing additional paperwork for your key children or the room
- Supporting children within a more structured focus of educational activities
- Encouraging children with the start of using phonics
- Support children with the begging of literacy
- Support children with the start of Mathematics.
- Assisting and supporting other staff within the room
- Discussing the children’s progress with their parents or guardians at open evenings
- Following the nurseries policies and procedures throughout the setting
- Completing risk assessments within the room and the garden
- Being aware of Health and safety
- Ensuring the children have a safe and stimulating environment
- Attending weekly / Monthly staff meetings
- Supporting children with additional needs, IEP’s and HCP
All candidates must have:
- An NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- At least 1 years relevant experience within an Early Years setting
- The ability work within a small and large team
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- Great communication skills
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **