Nursery Practitioner Needed in Southgate!
|Job Title:||Nursery Practitioner Needed in Southgate!|
|Contact Name:||Ann-Marie Dalton|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2017 13:34|
A Private Day Nursery situated in Southgate is looking for a Nursery Practitioner to join their Pre-School team. The Nursery cares for up to 60 children aged 3 months to five years and is open 52 weeks of the year Monday to Friday and is operational between the hours of 7.15am and 6.30pm.
The Nursery believes that with a passionate and committed team every child can have the best possible start in life by encouraging self expression and celebrating individuality. The setting consists of 4 brightly decorated rooms tailored to each age group and their developmental needs. There is also an outdoor garden with age appropriate facilities and equipment.
Your role will be based in the Pre-School Room caring for up to 24 children aged three years to five years and you will be responsible for 4 Key Children whilst ensuring the EYFS curriculum is implemented. You will be required to work 40 hours per week on a rotational shift pattern.
Exciting benefits include:
- £16,640 per annum
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Free Uniform
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Excellent Transport links
- Lunch provided by the setting
- Free time available to complete children’s records
Your Role will include:
- Working as a Key-Worker and as part of the Pre-School team under the direction of the Pre-School Leader to provide safe and high quality education for children aged 3 to 5 years
- Promoting and building positive relationships with parents/carers, children and colleagues
- Planning age-appropriate activities linked to the EYFS and ensuring ‘School Readiness’, such as Reading, Writing and fine Motor Skills to help children prepare for their School life ahead
- Ensuring equipment is well maintained and safe to use and that good hygiene standards are practiced and safety procedures are enforced
- Recording accidents and reporting effectively to Management and parents/carers
- Maintaining awareness of current childcare practice and attending necessary training
All candidates must have:
- A minimum NVQ Level 2 Childcare qualification or equivalent
- At least 2 years experience working within an Early Years Setting
- Sound knowledge of the EYFS
- A passion for working with children aged 3 to 5 years
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to work within a large team
- A strong understanding of Pre-School Child Development
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references**
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer**
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's