Playworker for Breakfast / Afterschool and Playscheme
|Job Title:||Playworker for Breakfast / Afterschool and Playscheme|
|Salary:||£7.50 - £8.50|
|Reference:||CH - 195|
|Contact Name:||colette Harvey|
|Job Published:||February 05, 2019 11:43|
A well-established Breakfast, Afterschool and Playscheme based in Dulwich is looking for an experienced Playworker, The setting is open for Breakfast 7:30-8:45, Afterschool 15:00 – 18:00 & Holidays 08:00- 18:00. Salary starting from £7.50 per hour, please see below for more information.
The club runs from a primary school and follow the play work principles, A selection of planned activities and organised games are provided, Children are able to choose activities, games, and crafts freely. Children are able to complete home work during the sessions. The club aims to provide a safe, secure and relaxed environment, supporting children to become independent and building on their social skills.
The position of Playworker will be to ensuring all children are safe and feel secure. You will be responsible for planning and implementing daily activities within a stimulating play environment. You will need to be able to work effectively with other team members and independently, building trusting relationships with children from the ages of 4 – 9 years old and provide positive feedback to parents and carers. You will need to be aware of maintaining high standards of care and follow policies and procedures in relations to safeguarding.
Exciting benefits include:
- Salary starting from £7.50 depending on experience
- holiday including bank holidays
- Pension Scheme.
- A full induction session covering policies and procedures
- Opportunities for career development
- Ongoing in house training
All Candidate must have:
- A Minimum of an NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Playwork, Child Care & Education or equivalent
- At least 1 years’ experience of working within a play environment.
- Excellent Knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum and Safeguarding.
- Excellent Knowledge of Ofsted Regulations and inspection Criteria
- Have an awareness of Health & Safety legislation & Equal Opportunities
- A passion for working with children 4-9 Years old.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- The ability to use your own initiative.
- The ability to work in partnership with parents
- Be able to work well within a team
- Be enthusiastic & energetic
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's