Pre-School Room Leader
|Job Title:||Pre-School Room Leader|
|Salary:||£23,000 - £25,000|
|Reference:||CH - 579|
|Contact Name:||Colette Harvey|
|Job Published:||September 04, 2019 16:03|
Are you an experienced Room Leader looking for a new challenge and live in the Croydon area? Salary £23,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience.
This well-established nursery situated in Croydon is looking for an experienced Pre-School Room Leader to join their team
The role will include running a busy Pre-School room, leading and supporting the staff team in planning and implementing through the EYFS, monitoring children in their development and ensuring the room is run to a high standard. You will be a key person for a small group of children and ensuring that all children’s learning journals are up to date, be able to build positive partnerships with families and other professionals.
To be considered:
- Either an NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent in Childcare and Education or higher.
- Knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum
- Knowledge of Ofsted and inspection Criteria.
- Knowledge of the Statutory requirements, Childrens Act and British Vales
- A strong understanding of child development
- A passion for working with the under-fives
- The ability to lead a team and mentor staff
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Be enthusiastic & energetic
- Experience as a Room Leader or in a similar role
- An understanding of all nursery duties
- Strong partnership with Parents
Your role will include:
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the Pre-school room
- Monitor and reporting of staff performance with their key children folders and planning
- Ensure implementation of the EYFS curriculum
- Lead planning for the EYFS curriculum and maintain accurate and effective children’s records.
- Support and develop good practice with regards to SEN and inclusion
- To be motivated and able to motive staff and children.
- To be able to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and targets.
- To work with external agencies to support children’s learning, behaviour and development.
- Ensuring that children are cared for in a happy and safe environment
- Providing high quality care for the children within the setting
- Following the nurseries policies and procedures throughout the setting
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **