Pre-School Room Leader
|Job Title:||Pre-School Room Leader|
|Reference:||CH - 627|
|Contact Name:||Colette Harvey|
|Job Published:||November 07, 2019 14:19|
Are you a Room Leader living in or around Chingford?
Do you want a new and exciting permanent position in this area?
This Nursery situated in Chingford is looking for a Pre-school Room Leader to join their team The Nursery is open Monday to Friday 07:30 – 18:00 and caters for 50 children from 6 weeks to 5 years old.
The setting has three classrooms, one for the babies, one for the toddlers and the other for Pre-school. The rooms are sectioned into individual areas according to the EYFS curriculum. Children are able to play independently and encouraged to explore the environment around them.
Your role would be leading the Pre-School room, you will be supervising the staff team in supporting children to become independent learners. You will be a key worker for a small group of Children observing, planning and recording their development needs through the EYFS curriculum through an on online programme. You will need to be able to build trusting relationships with all children within the room and positive partnerships with parents. You will need to be able to take part in team meetings and work with other professionals to meet the childrens needs.
- 40 hours per week
- Leading the Pre-School Room
- £20,000 depending on experience
To be considered for a position with our well established team you must have the following
- Either an NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent in Childcare and Education
- Excellent knowledge of the EYFS curriculum, Statutory Requirements and Ofsted standards
- Excellent Knowledge of Safeguarding and child protection
- A strong understanding of child development
- A passion for working with the under-fives
- Experience working in the Pre-School Room
- Previous experience as a Room Leader or in a similar role
- Ability to support children in becoming independent learners
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to use your own initiative
- An understanding of all nursery duties
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references ****StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Nursery Nurse, Nursery Assistant, Nursery Practitioner, Early Years practitioners, EYPS, Montessori Teachers