Room Leader - Bounds Green
|Job Title:||Room Leader - Bounds Green|
|Contact Name:||Ann-Marie Dalton|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2017 11:54|
A Nursery situated in the Bounds Green are looking for an experienced Room Leader for their Baby Room. The setting is operational 52 weeks of the year Monday – Friday 07:30 to 18:30 and caters for up to 98 children aged 6 months to 5 years.
The setting provides developmental appropriate activities with a balance of adult led and child initiated play. The Nursery has six rooms set out over two floors in an open plan style that are both bright and accessible for all children.
As a Room Leader you will be responsible for 12 children and 3 staff members. The role will include Key Worker responsibilities where you will have 3 key children, you will ensure you are working in line with the EYFS Standards and providing stimulating activities. The successful candidate will be a positive and supportive Room Leader to all staff, children and parents. You will also be expected to work 37 hours a week over 4 days on a flexible rotational shift between 7:30 to 18:30.
You will need:
- A minimum NVQ Level 3 childcare qualification or equivalent
- Previous Room Leader experience
- Excellent communication skills
- A minimum of 1 years experience with babies
- Sound understanding of the EYFS and Nursery Policies and Procedures
- Effective leadership skills
Your responsibilities include:
- Being a supportive, friendly and caring Room Leader who can provide a stimulating environment for all babies in your care
- Having the ability to lead a room positively and efficiently
- To assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures to monitor and record child development
- To produce accurate observations in order to track children’s progress
- Building and maintaining good quality relationships with parents and carers
- Attending staff and parent meetings
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment throughout the nursery
- Ensuring hygiene standards are enforced at all times
- To ensure staff are given time to complete children’s development records and observations
- To help develop social skills during meal times
- Planning age appropriate activities linked to the EYFS Standard
- £16,354 per annum
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Full Induction and on-going training
- Excellent transport links
- Time out to complete planning and observations
If you are interested in the above position please contact us today!
All positions are subject to Early Years Reference Checks and an Enhanced DBS Check.
StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's