Senior Nursery Nurse
|Job Title:||Senior Nursery Nurse|
|Salary:||£16000 - £18000|
|Contact Name:||Marianne Smith|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2016 13:43|
Nursery situated in Pinner is looking for a Senior Nursery Nurse to join their Toddler Room. The nursery is operational 51 weeks of the year, closed for the Christmas break. They are open Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 18:00 and cater for 95 children aged between 6 months – 5 years old.
The nursery is situated within a Victorian building and is close to town. The setting is split into seven rooms, two rooms for each age group with an additional classroom for all the children to enjoy. Each room is set up with activities based around the EYFS curriculum and the children’s interests. They are encouraged to play with toys of their preference and then activities are planned around this. There is a large outdoor area allowing the children to explore different environments and also a separate outdoor space for the Baby Room.
The position will be working with children aged 2-3 years old within the Toddler Room, ensuring the children meet their developmental needs at all times. You will be responsible for 4 key children and you will assist the children to reach their highest potential throughout their learning.
Exciting benefits include:
- £16,000-£18,000 per annum
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Additional Early Years training provided
- Excellent Public Transport links
- Room for progression within the setting
- Dedicated support from the management team
Your role will include:
- Building and maintaining good relationships with children and parents
- Implementing the EYFS curriculum and Montessori method
- Providing high quality care for the children within the setting
- Building a strong bond with your key children
- Completing observations, planning and any additional paperwork for your key children
- Discussing the children’s progress with their parents or guardians
- Ensuring the children have a safe and stimulating environment
- Following the nurseries policies and procedures throughout the setting
- Completing risk assessments within the room, garden and on trips
- Attending parent and staff meetings
- Supporting children with additional needs and IEP’s
- Carrying out Circle time daily to develop their numbers, shapes, colours and phonics.
- Planning exciting age appropriate activities and trips.
- Ensuring the children have child led activities daily
- Carrying out nappy changes and supporting potty training
All candidates must have:
- An NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- A Montessori qualification is desired
- At least 1 years experience within an Early Years setting
- The ability to work well with all ages.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
- An understanding of the Montessori Method
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work within a large team
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's