Senior Nursery Practitioner Needed in Northwood
|Job Title:||Senior Nursery Practitioner Needed in Northwood|
|Contact Name:||Hannah Lawrence|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2016 14:51|
An ‘Outstanding’ Montessori Nursery located in Northwood is looking for a Senior Practitioner to join their team. The Nursery is open each weekday from 8.00am-18:00pm for 50 weeks of the year and caters for up to 60 children aged 2 to 5 years.
The Nursery operates from the first floor of a two storey purpose built building, which sets out to ensure an inclusive, safe and secure environment for children. Their aim is to ensure each child has the best possible opportunity to develop and become independent by following the Montessori Method. There is a large open plan room which is shared by all ages and several other rooms for extra curriculum activities including yoga and dancing.
Your role as a Senior Practitioner will be to implement a child-centred learning approach for all age groups in line with the Montessori Method. You will be responsible for supporting staff and students as well as your own key children. You will be required to work 40 hours per week on a rotational shift pattern of early and later start times.
Exciting benefits include:
- £16,640 per annum
- 28 days Holiday Inc Bank Holidays
- Excellent support and training
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Uniform provided
Your Role will include:
- Working in partnership with and supporting the Manager and Deputy to ensure the daily running of the Nursery
- Ensuring the Montessori Method is adhered to at all times throughout the setting
- Supervising staff and students and carrying out supervisory meetings where appropriate under the guidance of the Management team
- Assisting staff and students with the planning of activities for your own Key Children
- Offering all children in your care equal opportunities to develop into independent individuals which the Montessori Method sets out to achieve
- Liaising and supporting both staff, students and parents/carers
- Ensuring all Nursery Policies and Procedures are followed at all times
All candidates must have:
- A minimum NVQ Level 3 Childcare qualification or equivalent
- Pervious Room Leader/Senior Experience
- Sound knowledge of the EYFS
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references**
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer**
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's