Under 2's Room Leader
|Job Title:||Under 2's Room Leader|
|Salary:||Salary according to experience & qualification|
|Reference:||CH - 636|
|Contact Name:||Colette Harvey|
|Job Published:||November 28, 2019 10:03|
This nursery situated in West Norwood is looking for an experienced Room Leaders for the under 2’s room to join their team. The nursery is operational all year round Monday-Friday, 07:30 – 18:00 and caters for 119 children ages 0 – 5 years.
The nursery is split into 4 rooms in accordance to the age of the children. The Baby unit is a cosy environment designed to cater for babies 3 months until they are confident and mobile. The toddler room is designed to promote the confidence and building on the early stages of development though planned activities. The 2-3 year old room is designed to motivate children in building their social skills and start to engage in more focus activities. The Pre-school room promotes independence and supports children in building on their preparation of school and be ready for the transition into school.
The position is within the under 2’s. Baby room, your role as room leader will be to lead a small staff team, planning and the Implementation of the EYFS. and
Exciting benefits include:
- Salary according to experience & qualification
- 40 hours a week
- 28 Days Holiday
- Pension scheme
- Additional Early Years training
- Excellent Transport links
Your role will include:
- To be responsible for the day to day running of your room
- Leading the under 2’s Room
- Being a key worker for a group of children
- Ensure implementation of the EYFS curriculum
- Lead planning for the EYFS curriculum and maintain accurate and effective children’s records.
- Support and develop good practice with regards to SEN and inclusion
- To be motivated and able to motive staff and children.
- To be able to work on your own initiative.
- To have a good understanding of occupancy and marketing of a setting.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines and targets.
- Plan lead and attend staff meetings, training course and parents evenings.
- To work with external agencies to support children’s learning, behavior and development.
- Ensuring that children are cared for in a happy and safe environment
- Providing high quality care for the children within the setting
- Following the nurseries policies and procedures throughout the setting
All candidates must have:
- An NVQ Level 3 or above in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- Experience as a Room Leader or in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS & statutory requirements
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- The ability to Lead a large team & mentor staff
- The ability to plan and organise workload
- Experience of working in accordance with Ofsted and EYFS standards.
- partnership with parents
If you feel you would like to be considered for the above position, get in contact today. You can either send your CV or call us, we do have a 24 hour on call facility should you wish to speak outside of your working hours.
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Certificate and Early Years references **
**StaffBank is an Equal Opportunities Employer **
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's